Terms – Questions? Call Toll Free: 888-467-8532
Got Web Host reserves the right to suspend or cancel any client’s access to any portion or all of Got Web Host services, when Got Web Host deems that the account has been used inappropriately. Got Web Host reserves the right to refuse service and/or access to its servers to anyone.
1. Got Web Host prohibits sites engaged in:
* Illegal activities including but not limited to storing and/or distributing illegal copies of copyrighted software, warez sites, violations of copyrights and trademarks, violations of U.S. laws, selling and/or distributing illegal contraband.
* Internet abuse including but not limited to
* Systems abuse including but not limited to
2. Policy Violation
Should a policy violation occur, Got Web Host reserves the right to terminate the account without notice and without any refunds. The client will be held responsible for any damages to Got Web Host, including but not limited to, Got Web Host’s system, servers, connectivity, reputation, business, service, network, operations, or equipment. The policy violator may be charged a $1000 clean up fee.
3. Web Site Content – Backups
The client is responsible for keeping a copy of their most current web site files as backup on a remote system (not on Got Web Host servers). Got Web Host is not responsible for any lost files, information, or data.
Should any data need to be recovered from Got Web Host’s backup tapes; there will be a charge of $150 and up. Got Web Host does not guarantee to possess the most current copy of a client’s website.
4. System Updates
The client understands that system updates occur in real-time and as queued batch processes. For example, account passwords are currently updated as queued batch processes; therefore, the update does not occur in the system instantaneously. Got Web Host reserves the right to modify the processing times at any time without notice. If a client or Got Web Host support personnel (when authorized by client) makes any modifications to a hosting account, the client is responsible to make sure these updates have occurred in our system.
5. Technical Support
* Free customer support is provided via through the client’s control panel.
If your hosting plan costs less than $79/month, we will provide free technical support for up to three questions per month. After that, there will be a charge of $25 per support request.
Asking a new question on an existing ticket will not count as one request, but as two or more as required.
6. Payment Policy
* The setup fee is required before any service is activated.
First Month of Hosting
* The first month of hosting must be paid up front.
* The minimum contract is 1 month.
Payment Method – Wire
* Got Web Host accepts bank wires; client must notify us of incoming wire to get proper credit when it comes through.
Payment Method – Credit Card
* Got Web Host accepts credit card payment (Visa, MasterCard or American Express).
* Got Web Host accepts monthly and subscription type Paypal payments.
Payment Method – Checks/Money Orders
* Checks and money order are made out to Synergy DTI, Inc. Print Invoice #/Customer ID Number on Check
7. Additional Features
* Additional features can be added at any time.
8. Renewal, Late Fee, and Billing Schedule
* Renewal notification (Invoice) is emailed to the billing contact ten (10) days prior to the end of the billing cycle. We will automatically process the renewal charge two (2) days prior to the Anniversary Date or on the “Bill on Date” for the account and notify the client via email when the renewal is complete.
*Late Fee: A late fee of 3% of invoice will be added to the invoice one (1) day after it was due.
9. Credit Card Failures
If there are difficulties with the completion of the charge the client will be notified by email. We may attempt to charge the account fourteen (14) days after the original processing date. An email will be sent each time the charge is not approved.
PLEASE NOTE: If the payment is unsuccessful, we will notify the client via email. The account will be suspended eleven (11) days after date of invoice was due until payment is received. We will maintain the domain data for 28 days after the bill date and may attempt to charge the card. If payment is not received within 28 days, the account will be terminated and data removed. Got Web Host reserves the right to delete data from their servers at any time if an invoice is past due.
10. Returned Checks:
* Non-Sufficient Funds
11. Account Reactivation
* If an account was cancelled due to client request or billing issues and the client desires to reactivate the account, a non-refundable reactivation fee of $19.95 will be required prior to account reactivation. Accounts are reactivated after all outstanding charges are paid, including hosting fees, additional features, and NSF check processing fees.
12. Refund Policy
* For new accounts, the set up fee is non-refundable.
13. Referral Policy
* A new account is considered ‘referred’ only if during the online application process, the new client was referred through our affiliate system. Retroactive referrals may be made on a case by case basis, subject to the approval of Synergy DTI Inc/GotWebHost.com. The new account must be hosted for 30 days and comport with all affiliate terms.
* Got Web Host reserves the right to terminate service at any time. If an account is terminated for a policy violation there will be no refund. Got Web Host reserves the right to delete the policy violating web site content without notice.
A) To cancel any service, log into your client console at clients.gotwebhost.com. Inside your client console, go to My Products & Services and then click the icon to the right of the plan you are canceling to view details.
At the bottom of this page is a button that says “Request Cancellation”
If you choose IMMEDIATE CANCELLATION:
If you choose to cancel BY NEXT BILLING CYCLE:
IMPORTANT NOTICE: If you registered your domains through Got Web Host, you MUST login to your account and shut that off as well or you WILL be rebilled when the domain renewal comes up. There will be NO REFUNDS if you neglect to do so.
Client agrees to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Got Web Host against any liabilities arising out of defective products sold to customers from Got Web Host servers, personal injury or property damage caused by products or services sold or distributed from Got Web Host servers, any material that infringes or allegedly infringes on the rights of a third party available from Got Web Host servers, and any material that libels or allegedly libels a third party available from Got Web Host servers.
Got Web Host is not responsible for any damages to any client’s business. Got Web Host makes no warranties or guarantees of any kind, expressed or implied for services that we provide. Use of Got Web Host’s web hosting and email service is at the client’s sole risk. Got Web Host’s services are provided on an “as is, as available” basis.
Got Web Host does not guarantee that our services will be uninterrupted or error free. Got Web Host will provide every effort in good faith to ensure that its services are available to as many Internet users as possible with minimal service interruptions.
In no circumstance will Got Web Host be liable for any claims resulting from the use or inability to use Got Web Host’s services – including, but not limited to, service interruptions, client errors, Internet connectivity problems, miscommunications, unauthorized access to Got Web Host servers, InterNIC problems, DNS caching, Internet bandwidth congestion, power failures, vandalism, and natural disasters.
17. Got Web Host reserves the right to revise our policies at any time.
UPDATE: February 29, 2008. Updated #3 Website Content, #6. Payment Policy, #7 Additional Features, #8 Renewal and Billing Schedule, #9 Credit Card Failures, #13 Referral Policy, #14 Cancellation Policy
UPDATE: March 7, 2010. Updated #5 Technical Support, #9. Credit Card Failures , #13 Referral Policy, #14 Cancellation